Kathy's All-Purpose Blog

I guess some people have different blogs for different subjects, but this is it for me, baby. One blog to bring them all, or something.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The Weird Thing About My Fridge

So, here's the weird thing about my fridge. Since I started trying to eat healthier and lose weight, it's a lot fuller than it used to be. This seems counter-intuitive.

There's a couple of reasons for it. For one thing, my pre-diet habits tended to favor "cupboard" foods like cookies, candy, and snack cakes. My cupboards are as full as ever, though, so that's not the whole reason.

The main reason is variety. I think I've realized that if I'm going to stick with this plan, I need lots and lots of options. So if (for example) I decided I'm not in the mood for the pint of strawberries, I can opt for applesauce, or fat-free cottage cheese, or sugar-free chocolate pudding, or something else. In the fridge. Man, it's crowded in there.

3 Comments:

  • At May 5, 2005 at 10:15 AM, Blogger Linda M.R. Yaw said…

    Since I've been trying to eat healthier a lot of times the junk I ate before doesn't even sound good (not always, though). Last night I actually gave up a free McDonald's Happy Meal (used to be a favorite) to stay home and have steamed broccolli. Weird. Go, girl, go!

    Linda

     
  • At May 6, 2005 at 4:57 PM, Blogger Beverly Marshall Saling said…

    The thing is, most food that's good for you is eleventy zillion times better when it's FRESH. Canned, dried, and frozen healthy foods often don't taste good enough to feel satisfying, but the same stuff fresh does. Sometimes even one nice, fresh ingredient can perk up a whole dish of something that would otherwise taste, well, good for you. So it's no surprise the fridge gets fatter as you get slimmer.

    Besides, a varied diet is inherently healthier anyhow.

     
  • At May 25, 2005 at 5:40 AM, Blogger Aaron the Truck Driver said…

    yadhtrib yppah

     

Post a Comment

<< Home